If you are using social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter, there are some simple steps you can take to manage your reputation and protect your identity.
Even if you are not using these sites, it is important to manage your digital footprint and identify any false or misleading information about you online.
Social Media & Reputation Summary
- Personal accounts are set as private as possible
- Disable geotagging for the camera on your device
- Use strong P@55w0rd$ and change them regularly
- Install and maintain anti-virus software on all devices
- Know how to block and report on all sites/apps/games
- Do not share intimate images of other people
- Do not share other people’s content without permission
- Make sure your friends and family know what is not ok for them to post about you
- Do not use your phone in the bathroom
- Only ever post content when sober
- Think before you post
- Consider every social media post to be public and follow guidelines for commenting to the media
Vilification is behaviour which insults humiliates, intimidates, threatens or disparages another person on the basis of their ages. race, religion, colour, descent, nationality, gender, sexuality, marital status or disability.
You will face time on the sideline as the minimum consequence if you do this on person or on the internet.