We all need to be very conscious about what to expect from our relationships as we get older. Here are some tips to earn respect and have meaningful relationships as you enter adulthood:
- Give respect to the person you are dating – treat him/her as you would like to be treated
- Never force or pressure the person you are dating into something they don’t want to do
- If you are dating one person exclusively, be faithful and honest – trust is the foundation of all relationships
- Never let someone talk you into violating your own principles
- Practise safe sex – contracting a sexually transmitted disease could affect the rest of your life.
Dating In The Digital Age
Today, thousands of relationships each year are formed through online dating sites, hook-up apps and other meeting places on the web. It’s a huge change to how people met and interacted as little as 10 years ago.
That, however, doesn’t mean what was once unacceptable is now ok. Take, for instance, the case of a Gold Coast man who was jailed for sending a woman 1439 abusive text messages. The abuse and ridicule caused her great distress, with her later falling from a balcony to her death.
Remember, people with whom you have relationships deserve respect. Treat them as you would like to be treated.
Relationships should be honest, open and respectful.
Find out more
1300 364 277