The Do’s & don’ts of successful savers
Of those who are saving…
- 65% – Are confident they will achieve their goals
- But… 43% don’t have a clear plan
Techniques used by confident savers:
- 78% – Know how much money is needed
- 75% – Have a clear savings plan
- 73% – Regularly review their progress
- 72% – Have a specific saving time frame
- 43% – Tell their family and friends
Those who review, remind themselves and publicly commit to their goals are more likely to achieve them.
* MoneySmart brand tracking program, Sweeney Research January 2014 (n=1,380)
Note: It is possible some classified as ‘non-savers’ may be making extra payments on their mortgage, other loans or into their superannuation.
** MoneySmart online ‘Money Goals’ poll July 2014. (n=1,566)